Terms and Conditions
Last Modified: October 01, 2020
Welcome to Christmas Tree Collection Service! The website located at www.christmastreecollectservice.co.uk (“website” or “site”) is owned and controlled by Steel Trans Ltd, t/a Proovia, a company registered in England with company number 09325366 (hereinafter the “Company,” “we,” “us,” or “our”).
These Terms and Conditions as set forth herein govern your access and use of the website and the Christmas tree collection service offered by the Company (“service”).
1. Acceptance of Terms and Conditions
This Agreement is a legally binding contract between you and the Company regarding your use of the website and the service. If you do not agree with any provision of this Agreement, please do not use the service.
You must be at least 18 years of age or older to book your Christmas tree collection through the website. If you are under 18 years of age, you may not access our website or submit any personal information through the Website.
3. Booking your Christmas Tree Collection
- To book your tree collection simply enter your postcode on the website and select your preferred collection date and time from the available time slots for your area. Once you select your collection date and time, you will be required to provide us with your personal data including but not limited to your full name, email address, phone number and your home address (address from where you would like us to collect your tree). If you wish to book collection of multiple trees, you will be required to make a separate booking for each tree.
- Please carefully review all your personal information before proceeding to the checkout page and making the payment. You understand and accept that we use your personal information to deliver our service to you, and any errors in your personal information such as incorrect collection address or phone number may result in disruption, delay or service failure. You shall be solely responsible for any incorrect personal information provided by you and the consequences thereof.
- The service is only available for the collection of residential trees. We currently do not offer corporate tree collection service. Please do not book a corporate tree collection from the website as we will not be able to service your request and you will not be able to receive a refund after you make the booking.
Our current service fees are listed on the website and inclusive of VAT. We may in our sole discretion and without giving any prior notice to you change our service fee at any time. Please note that changes in our service fee will not impact any confirmed bookings.
- Payments Policy
Our service fees are payable in GBP. When you make a booking by providing your payment data, you authorise us and/or our selected payment processor Paypal Inc, to charge your credit/debit card for the full amount as displayed on the checkout page at the time you make your booking.
By submitting your booking request on the website, you are making an offer to purchase the service. Your booking is only deemed accepted after we send you a booking confirmation email with your booking details.
4. Cancellations and Refunds Policy
- Unless expressly specified otherwise in this Agreement or required by applicable law, all tree collection booking payments made through the website are final. We do not offer any refunds for booking after we send you a confirmation email.
- We reserve the right to decline any bookings to geographical locations that are not serviced by us or cancel any existing transactions if we suspect any illegal activity.
5. Customer’s Obligations
To ensure that your tree is collected on time and recycled in an environmentally friendly manner, you agree that:
- You will ensure all your personal data provided at the time of the booking is correct and current;
- You will not use any Christmas decorations that cannot be easily removed from your tree, for example, fake snow made of plastic;
- You will prepare your tree for recycling by removing all decorations, lights, stands, nails and other materials that are not a natural part of the tree before the collection day;
- You will place your Christmas tree outside your house and bundle any loose branches besides your Christmas tree by 8:00 am on the day of the collection;
- You will not put your Christmas tree in a plastic bag for collection.
Please note that our collection team may refuse to collect your tree without being in breach of this Agreement if such refusal is based on a bona fide belief that your tree cannot be recycled as a result of your failure to comply with obligations outlined in this section 5.
6. Acceptable Use
You expressly agree that:
- You will only use the website in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations;
- You will not modify, adapt, translate, or reverse engineer any portion of the website;
- You will not use any robot, spider, site scraping/retrieval application or any other automated routines to scrape any data/information from any part of the website;
- You will not reformat or frame any portion of the website without the express written consent of the Company, which may be declined in our sole discretion;
- You will not attempt to gain access to any unauthorised areas of the website through any illegal means including hacking or other similar means;
- You will not probe, scan or test the vulnerability of the website or any other security measures implemented by the Company;
- You will not use any software, device or routine that interferes or attempt to interfere with the proper working of our website or any other users’ use of our website;
- You will not post or submit any content or material on any third party website, that falsely expresses or implies that such content or material is sponsored or endorsed by the Company;
- You will not post any content on the website that is demeaning to a group whether based on race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity; or content that is violent, pornographic, sexually explicit, defamatory, suggestive or in any way inappropriate for the website;
- You will not impersonate another person when using the website or contacting the Company;
You will not take any action that imposes, or may impose in our sole discretion, an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our IT infrastructure;
7. Intellectual Property
The Company and its licensors are the owners of intellectual property rights in all content available on the website, including any text, graphics, logos, trademarks, audio, video, interactive features, software, and the like (“Company Content”). All Company Content is protected by trademark, copyright, and other intellectual property laws under the local and international intellectual property laws and conventions. All Company Content is provided to you for your personal and noncommercial use only. Any act of copying, selling, reproducing, republishing, modifying, distributing, and creating derivative work of any Company Content without our express written consent will constitute an infringement of our intellectual property rights.
8. Idea Submission
You can submit your ideas through the ‘contact us’ page on our website.
Your access and use of the website may be interrupted at any time with or without prior notice to you for any system maintenance or/and upgrading or/and testing or/and repairs or/and other related work. The Company shall not be liable to indemnify you for any loss or/and damage or/and costs or/and expense that you may suffer or incur, as a result of such deactivation or/and suspension.
Unless expressly specified otherwise, the updated Terms shall be effective from the date the updated version is posted on the website. Please take the time to review these Terms regularly to familiarise yourself with any material changes. By using the website after the amended Terms are posted on the website, you agree to be bound by them.
11. INFORMATION DISCLAIMER
THE COMPANY RESERVES THE RIGHT, BUT IS NOT UNDER ANY OBLIGATION, TO MODIFY ANY INFORMATION ON THE WEBSITE, AT ANY TIME AND WITHOUT GIVING PRIOR NOTICE TO YOU. THE COMPANY WILL NOT BE HELD LIABLE FOR ANY ERRORS, OMISSIONS, OUTDATED OR INACCURATE INFORMATION ON THE WEBSITE.
ALL INFORMATION IS PROVIDED TO YOU ON AN “AS-IS” BASIS WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING STATUTORY WARRANTIES; ACCORDINGLY, ANY DECISION YOU TAKE BASED ON ANY INFORMATION YOU RECEIVE THROUGH THE WEBSITE IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
12. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
THE COMPANY DOES NOT WARRANT THAT:
A) THE WEBSITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, ERROR-FREE OR SECURE;
B) THE WEBSITE WILL BE AVAILABLE AT ANY PARTICULAR TIME OR LOCATION;
C) ANY ERRORS OR DEFECTS WILL BE RECTIFIED;
D) THE WEBSITE IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS;
E) ANY CONTENT ON THE WEBSITE IS ACCURATE, ADEQUATE, CORRECT, CURRENT, COMPLETE, OR RELIABLE; OR,
F) THE RESULTS OF USING THE WEBSITE OR THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS.
YOUR DECISION TO USE THE WEBSITE IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
13. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE WEBSITE;
ERRORS, MISTAKES OR INACCURACIES OF ANY CONTENT MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE WEBSITE;
ANY UNAUTHORISED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SERVERS OR ANY INFORMATION STORED THEREIN;
ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM THE WEBSITE;
YOUR RELIANCE UPON ANY INFORMATION MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH OUR WEBSITE.
IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COMPANY’S TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES OR ACTIONS EXCEED THE GREATER OF THE TWO AMOUNTS: THE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU TO THE COMPANY FOR THE BOOKING THAT GAVE RISE TO ISSUE, OR, TEN POUND STERLING.
Your breach of this Agreement;
Your violation of applicable law.
The Company reserves the right, at its own expense, to assume the exclusive defence of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification. You agree that you will not settle any claim without the express written consent of the Company.
15. Governing Law
This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. The user and the Company both agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of a competent court in England to adjudicate upon any claims, actions or disputes arising out of this Agreement.
16. Force Majeure
The Company shall not be liable for the failure to perform any of its obligations if such failure is a result of any Acts of God or other force majeure events such as war, invasion, an act of foreign enemies, hostilities (regardless of whether war is declared), epidemic, civil war, rebellion, revolution, insurrection, military or usurped power or confiscation, terrorist activities, nationalization, government sanction, blockage, embargo, labour dispute, strike, lockout or any interruption or any failure of electricity or server, system, computer, internet or telephone service.